Groton Town Democrats April 2023 Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 7-8 pm, Thrive 55/Senior Center
- Call to Order: 7 PM. Welcoming Remarks/Intros. Natalie Billing, Chair.
- Approve Minutes of Previous Meeting Mar. 22, 2023 (available to review on GDTC website: grotondems.org ) Juliette Parker, Secretary
- Treasurer’s Report: John Wirzbicki. Need at least $10,000-$12,000 for the fall campaign. Please keep donating dues/online/on the website grotondems.org. Donate early, please! Ask friends, family, to donate.
- Chair’s Report. Working with Nominating Committee to recruit a full slate. Spoke with a potential candidate for BOE. Communicated with Nicki Neifeld (Lamont campaign)—who’s moving to Groton. Wants to join GDTC. Run for RTM D4 and/or BOE. Working with Fundraising Committee on Appreciation Dinner.
- Nominating Committee. Possible action to: seat Janice Kimball as a new DTC member, D1, and Nicki Neifeld, D4, & to recommend Dem applicant for Parks and Rec Committee
- Fundraising Committee Report. Mary vonDorster. Sat. May 13th Recognition Dinner 5-7 pm. Par Four. To honor Joe delaCruz and Rita Schmidt. TXTS $25. Friends, and supporters of Joe and Rita: Please place an ad/message of appreciation in the Ad book/memento book for them. Can do it on the website. Our MAJOR fundraiser. We need to raise thousands of dollars. Please spread the word.
- State Representatives Chris Conley (40th) and Aundre Bumgardner (41st)
- Mayor’s Update. Juan Melendez. Items under discussion that members may individually want to speak to Councilors about.
- BOE Update. Bev Washington, Matthew Shulman. Items members may individually want to speak to Bd. Members about.
- Guest Speaker possible.
- Announcements/Future Agenda Items. Next meetings: May 24th, June 28th, THURS July 20th: endorsement of candidates! Please Mark Your Calendars!!! Note: a Thursday, not WED.
- Juliette Parker: invites you to NAACP Fund Dinner, June 27, 6 pm. Ocean Beach Park. Txts: $75. Hear Congressman Bennie Thompson.
- Adjournment: by 8 PM please. Social hour to follow.
Click below to download a PDF version of the April 2023 Agenda and the March 2023 Minutes